More From Ken Burns
- "History is malleable. A new cache of diaries can shed new light, and archeological evidence can challenge our popular assumptions."
- "I began to feel that the drama of the truth that is in the moment and in the past is richer and more interesting than the drama of Hollywood movies. So I began looking at documentary films."
- "I record all of my music with authentic instruments in a studio before we start editing, doing many, many versions. The music shapes the film as we edit so it has an organic relationship to the content."
More In Cool
- "I was looking very much for a career. My second marriage to Stan Herman had ended, and I wanted very much to be independent, not take alimony from him, be on my own, do the right thing."― Linda Evans
- "A lot of those little things that I really like doing are just moments of cool articulation, just little moments of phrasing that probably go over everybody’s head."― Steve Vai
- "There is something exciting about being in an environment in which it’s really cool to be smart."― Freeman A. Hrabowski III