More From Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- "A team will always appreciate a great individual if he’s willing to sacrifice for the group."
- "If not for the success that medicine has made, I might be part of a much different story right now."
- "The type of leukemia that I am dealing with is treatable. So if I do what my doctors tell me to do – get my blood checked regularly, take my meds and consult with my doctor and follow any additional instructions he might make – I will be able to maintain my good health and live my life with a minimum of disruptions to my lifestyle."
More In Work
- "Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work."― Aldous Huxley
- "I have yet to find the man, however exalted his station, who did not do better work and put forth greater effort under a spirit of approval than under a spirit of criticism."― Charles Schwab
- "Clothes if they are not well cut, you can kill nobody. A building poorly built can kill people. It’s a much more difficult work. I would not compare myself with that."― Karl Lagerfeld