More From Julie Walters
- "Sixty felt like a big landmark. Not in a dreadful sense, but none of the other birthdays have bothered me. It’s got labels on it – OAP, retirement – and I just wanted to take stock. I wanted to be in my greenhouse at home and at least give myself the opportunity of not working again."
- "Everyone comes up to me saying, ‘Cooee, Julie! Hello!’ as if I know them. Of course I don’t bloody know them. Am I flummoxed by it? Sometimes. I think, ‘Ooh, love, go easy.’ For a time, I did feel this pressure that I had to be funny, but it passes."
- "I was the little, funny one. I felt I was the child among grown women."
More In Funny
- "If I don’t talk about my religion, if I say I’m not discussing it or different humanitarian things I’m working on, they’re like, ‘He’s avoiding it.’ If I do talk about it, it becomes, ‘Oh, he’s proselytizing.’"― Tom Cruise
- "Progress was all right. Only it went on too long."― James Thurber
- "I grew up in Europe, where the history comes from."― Eddie Izzard