More From Julie Walters
- "My mother was born on a tiny farm in County Mayo. She was meant to stay at home and look after the farm while her brother and sister got an education. However, she came to England on a visit and never went back."
- "Stage is the most exciting. Film is lovely, because it’s like a family."
- "I always loved my mother, felt loved, but she was judgmental. Her father in Ireland didn’t approve of women generally, and she took on his values. She believed her own mother was foolish."
More In Age
- "Anyone who writes an autobiographical work at the age of 34 is, at best, presumptuous. It occurred to me that it was time to set the record straight."― Jessica Savitch
- "Nothing is so perfectly amusing as a total change of ideas."― Laurence Sterne
- "I was curious and hungry at a young age, and jazz was such a mystery to me, an ocean where you can express yourself in the moment. It represented freedom, it represented wearing wings and going somewhere with music."― Paula Cole