More From Julie Christie
- "I never will have peace of mind. I’m not constructed that way. Some things in life can be horrible."
- "Happiness is the absence of suffering. I think it’s an interesting way of looking at it. I think the absence of suffering exists very rarely in the world we live in."
- "I’ve never quite understood why people marry; marriage is just an invented structure."
More In Politics
- "My mother, Lillie Specter, was an angel and totally uninterested in politics."― Arlen Specter
- "And humility in politics means accepting that one party doesn’t have all the answers; recognising that working in partnership is progress not treachery."― Vince Cable
- "There’s a tendency in politics to attribute bad motivation much too quickly, and the sooner you attribute bad motivation to someone you disagree with, the harder it is to find some common ground to make some progress that would give people confidence that you got it more right than wrong."― Peter Welch