More From Julian Bond
- "Violence is black children going to school for 12 years and receiving 6 years’ worth of education."
- "As legal slavery passed, we entered into a permanent period of unemployment and underemployment from which we have yet to emerge."
- "As skills and energy became more of a demand, people who didn’t have skills just got left behind, got shuttled to the side. Education didn’t keep up with their promise. Education didn’t prepare them for this new world. Jobs went overseas."
More In Education
- "Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom."― Clifford Stoll
- "THE rich possess ample means to realize any theory they may chuse to adopt in the education of their children, regardless of the cost; but it is not so with him whose Subsistence is derived from industry."― Joseph Lancaster
- "Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle."― Robert Anthony