More From Juan Goytisolo
- "In my opinion, the most significant works of the twentieth century are those that rise beyond the conceptual tyranny of genre; they are, at the same time, poetry, criticism, narrative, drama, etc."
- "In times when religious or political faith or hope predominates, the writer functions totally in unison with society, and expresses society’s feelings, beliefs, and hopes in perfect harmony."
- "Marks of Identity is, among other things, the expression of the process of alienation in a contemporary intellectual with respect to his own country."
More In Relationship
- "Anger may be kindled in the noblest breasts: but in these slow droppings of an unforgiving temper never takes the shape of consistency of enduring hatred."― M. Kathleen Casey
- "But I was also a big mouth, I started to develop a troubled relationship with Harry Shorten."― Gil Kane
- "The relationship between the prophet and the President, the priest and the President, is a sacred one."― Jesse Jackson