More From Joyce Maynard
- "I believed my story would be helpful to young women my daughter’s age, who are still in the process of forming themselves as women, and in need of encouragement to remain true to themselves."
- "Many women my age have known the experience of giving up crucial parts of themselves to please the man they love."
- "Not only did I avoid speaking of Salinger; I resisted thinking about him. I did not reread his letters to me. The experience had been too painful."
More In Business
- "Listen, everything I did in my childhood was competitive. Everything we did my dad made it into a game to win. We used to drive my mum nuts."― Lee Westwood
- "Profits in business always depend on the rate of interest: the higher the interest, the higher the rate of profit required."― James Buchan
- "Will some reporter, or some Republican on the Sunday shows, please ask why tax cuts raid the non-existent Social Security Trust Fund but all the Democrats’ new spending doesn’t? Will someone please ask that?"― Rush Limbaugh