More From Joseph Stiglitz
- "The notion that every well educated person would have a mastery of at least the basic elements of the humanities, sciences, and social sciences is a far cry from the specialized education that most students today receive, particularly in the research universities."
- "International lending banks need to focus on areas where private investment doesn’t go, such as infrastructure projects, education and poverty relief."
- "Economists often like startling theorems, results which seem to run counter to conventional wisdom."
More In Education
- "But that citizen’s perception was also at one with the truth in recognizing that the very brutality of the means by which the IRA were pursuing change was destructive of the trust upon which new possibilities would have to be based."― Seamus Heaney
- "We must promote upward mobility, starting with solutions that speak to our broken education system, broken immigration policy, and broken safety-net programs that foster dependency instead of helping people get back on their feet."― Paul Ryan
- "Because if you don’t have a great workforce, a great higher education system, you’re not going to have the next eBay, the next AmGen, the next, you know, Miasole, and not only California but America is going to fall behind a whole new competitive context which is obviously China, India, and other countries."― Meg Whitman