More From Joseph Hume
- "In Great Britain the price of food is at a higher level than in any other country, and consequently, the British artisan labours at a disadvantage in proportion to the higher rate of his food."
- "Our people are unemployed and anxious to work for the food which foreigners can give us."
- "I maintain that the existing corn laws are bad, because they have given a monopoly of food to the landed interest over every other class and over every other interest in the kingdom."
More In Food
- "We are not hungry… Why foist this food upon us? We don’t want to be choked. We have enough."― Robert Mugabe
- "More than any other in Western Europe, Britain remains a country where a traveler has to think twice before indulging in the ordinary food of ordinary people."― Joseph Lelyveld
- "I’ve become one of those annoying people who brings their own food on to planes."― Jessie Ware