More From Joseph Hume
- "In Great Britain the price of food is at a higher level than in any other country, and consequently, the British artisan labours at a disadvantage in proportion to the higher rate of his food."
- "Our people are unemployed and anxious to work for the food which foreigners can give us."
- "I maintain that the existing corn laws are bad, because they have given a monopoly of food to the landed interest over every other class and over every other interest in the kingdom."
More In Food
- "In our house we repeated the pattern of thousands of other homes. There were a few books and a lot of music. Our food and our furniture were no different from our neighbors’."― Emanuel Celler
- "With most British actors, it’s amazing. I think they start with the character on the outside and work in."― Norman Jewison
- "I love places that have an incredible history. I love the Italian way of life. I love the food. I love the people. I love the attitudes of Italians."― Elton John