More From Joseph Addison
- "Young men soon give, and soon forget, affronts; old age is slow in both."
- "Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed."
- "Books are the legacies that a great genius leaves to mankind, which are delivered down from generation to generation as presents to the posterity of those who are yet unborn."
More In Education
- "My advantage as a woman and a human being has been in having a mother who believed strongly in women’s education. She was an early undergraduate at Oxford, and her own mother was a doctor."― Antonia Fraser
- "Tarantino’s movies, I really enjoy, certainly, and when I was 19 and 20, I was really into them."― Ryan Phillippe
- "You can be a thousand different women. It’s your choice which one you want to be. It’s about freedom and sovereignty. You celebrate who you are. You say, ‘This is my kingdom.’"― Salma Hayek