More From Joseph Addison
- "Nothing is more gratifying to the mind of man than power or dominion."
- "Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed."
- "No oppression is so heavy or lasting as that which is inflicted by the perversion and exorbitance of legal authority."
More In Education
- "A child’s education should begin at least one hundred years before he is born."― Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."― Bertrand Russell
- "About half my work in education is U.S. political reform around school districts and charter schools, and creating more room for entrepreneurial organizations to develop. And about half on technology, which I look at as a global platform."― Reed Hastings