More From Joseph Addison
- "The stars shall fade away, the sun himself Grow dim with age, and nature sink in years, But thou shalt flourish in immortal youth, Unhurt amidst the wars of elements, The wrecks of matter, and the crush of worlds."
- "Mysterious love, uncertain treasure, hast thou more of pain or pleasure! Endless torments dwell about thee: Yet who would live, and live without thee!"
- "It is folly for an eminent man to think of escaping censure, and a weakness to be affected with it. All the illustrious persons of antiquity, and indeed of every age in the world, have passed through this fiery persecution."
More In Education
- "What we’re doing now is we’re saying that individual schools can spend the money on their own priorities, so that head teachers can decide what’s truly important, because the big shift in approach on education that we’re taking – which is different from what happened before – is that we trust teachers and we trust heads."― Michael Gove
- "President Obama believes in a country where we invest in education, in roads and bridges, in science, and in the future so we can create new opportunities so the next kid can make it big and the kid afer that and the kid after that, that’s what President Obama believes."― Elizabeth Warren
- "As Indians, we must of course learn from the past; but we must remain focused on the future. In my view, education is the true alchemy that can bring India its next golden age."― Pranab Mukherjee