More From Joseph Addison
- "The stars shall fade away, the sun himself Grow dim with age, and nature sink in years, But thou shalt flourish in immortal youth, Unhurt amidst the wars of elements, The wrecks of matter, and the crush of worlds."
- "Mysterious love, uncertain treasure, hast thou more of pain or pleasure! Endless torments dwell about thee: Yet who would live, and live without thee!"
- "Man is subject to innumerable pains and sorrows by the very condition of humanity, and yet, as if nature had not sown evils enough in life, we are continually adding grief to grief and aggravating the common calamity by our cruel treatment of one another."
More In Friendship
- "I have many times thought I did the wrong thing, but the reason was not to be a medical doctor – it was just to have the information. But then, maybe I was wrong, I don’t know."― Lennart Nilsson
- "I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let’s face it, friends make life a lot more fun."― Charles R. Swindoll
- "But, based on my friendship with Evie as young mothers, I started going on freedom rides in 1966."― June Jordan