More From Joseph Addison
- "There is nothing more requisite in business than despatch."
- "Man is subject to innumerable pains and sorrows by the very condition of humanity, and yet, as if nature had not sown evils enough in life, we are continually adding grief to grief and aggravating the common calamity by our cruel treatment of one another."
- "A cloudy day or a little sunshine have as great an influence on many constitutions as the most recent blessings or misfortunes."
More In Nature
- "I often get letters, quite frequently, from people who say how they like the programmes a lot, but I never give credit to the almighty power that created nature."― David Attenborough
- "I’m aware if I’m playing at my best I’m tough to beat. And I enjoy that."― Tiger Woods
- "There is an electric fire in human nature tending to purify – so that among these human creatures there is continually some birth of new heroism. The pity is that we must wonder at it, as we should at finding a pearl in rubbish."― John Keats