More From Joseph Addison
- "Animals, in their generation, are wiser than the sons of men; but their wisdom is confined to a few particulars, and lies in a very narrow compass."
- "The stars shall fade away, the sun himself Grow dim with age, and nature sink in years, But thou shalt flourish in immortal youth, Unhurt amidst the wars of elements, The wrecks of matter, and the crush of worlds."
- "To be an atheist requires an indefinitely greater measure of faith than to recieve all the great truths which atheism would deny."
More In Nature
- "Nothing in the universe is contingent, but all things are conditioned to exist and operate in a particular manner by the necessity of the divine nature."― Baruch Spinoza
- "Like water, we are truest to our nature in repose."― Cyril Connolly
- "A poem need not have a meaning and like most things in nature often does not have."― Wallace Stevens