More From Jose Saramago
- "Being fired was the best luck of my life. It made me stop and reflect. It was the birth of my life as a writer."
- "I presume that nobody will deny the positive aspects of the North American cultural world. These are well known to all. But these aspects do not make one forget the disastrous effects of the industrial and commercial process of ‘cultural lamination’ that the USA is perpetrating on the planet."
- "I am traveling less in order to be able to write more. I select my travel destinations according to their degree of usefulness to my work."
More In Attitude
- "I think fun is an important part of the entertainment industry, and it should be. Anybody who’s not incorporating some of that into their work needs to take a break, go away, and have an attitude adjustment."― Diane Lane
- "I still have a young attitude."― Pat Morita
- "We will see that our new attitude toward liquor has been given to us without any thought or effort on our part. It just comes! That is the miracle of it."― William Griffith Wilson