More From Jonathan Swift
- "It is impossible that anything so natural, so necessary, and so universal as death, should ever have been designed by providence as an evil to mankind."
- "I never knew a man come to greatness or eminence who lay abed late in the morning."
- "Nothing is so great an example of bad manners as flattery. If you flatter all the company, you please none; If you flatter only one or two, you offend the rest."
More In Life
- "Our life always expresses the result of our dominant thoughts."― Soren Kierkegaard
- "Always fall in with what you’re asked to accept. Take what is given, and make it over your way. My aim in life has always been to hold my own with whatever’s going. Not against: with."― Robert Frost
- "I don’t think I could live without hair, makeup and styling, let alone be the performer I am. I am a glamour girl through and through. I believe in the glamorous life and I live one."― Lady Gaga