More From Jonathan Kozol
- "But for the children of the poorest people we’re stripping the curriculum, removing the arts and music, and drilling the children into useful labor. We’re not valuing a child for the time in which she actually is a child."
- "A great deal has been written in recent years about the purported lack of motivation in the children of the Negro ghettos. Little in my experience supports this, yet the phrase has been repeated endlessly, and the blame in almost all cases is placed somewhere outside the classroom."
- "The primary victims of Katrina, those who were given the least help by the government, those rescued last or not at all, were overwhelmingly people of color largely hidden from the mainstream of society."
More In Education
- "I prefer the company of peasants because they have not been educated sufficiently to reason incorrectly."― Michel de Montaigne
- "I knew from a young age that I wanted to be an actor. I never even thought about other careers. The acting field is certainly not the path many Indian parents encourage their children to take, but mine were very supportive. They wanted me to have an education, but understood that this is what I wanted to do."― Archie Panjabi
- "Education is a continual process, it’s like a bicycle… If you don’t pedal you don’t go forward."― George Weah