More From Johnny Mathis
- "I also met, early on Ella Fitzgerald. Her songbooks are some of the most amazing bodies of work."
- "It’s very much like opera singers. They do the same thing. The first thing in the morning and the last thing at night, the thing they think about is their voice and how to take care of it."
- "I think there are a lot of people who really want to be famous, they really do. I don’t. It sort of gets in the way of the everyday things that I do."
More In Famous
- "I’d like to say to all my fans out there, thanks for the support. And to all my doubters, thank you very much because you guys have also pushed me."― Usain Bolt
- "I think it’s real easy to be famous these days; it’s not real easy to sustain success."― Jerry Jeff Walker
- "It’s not a matter of becoming a superstar. Fame and money aren’t the purpose of all this. No actor’s going to say, ‘I don’t want to be famous.’ But the main purpose for doing what I’m doing is the passion in the work."― Christopher Lambert