More From John W. Gardner
- "It is hard to feel individually responsible with respect to the invisible processes of a huge and distant government."
- "For every talent that poverty has stimulated it has blighted a hundred."
- "The ultimate goal of the educational system is to shift to the individual the burden of pursing his own education. This will not be a widely shared pursuit until we get over our odd conviction that education is what goes on in school buildings and nowhere else."
More In Education
- "Poverty is multidimensional. It extends beyond money incomes to education, health care, political participation and advancement of one’s own culture and social organisation."― Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- "Clearly you need a new team to go out to bat on your behalf; to fight for your rights and to report back to you personally and to the leadership of the IFP."― Mangosuthu Buthelezi
- "Let them eat cake."― Marie Antoinette