More From John W. Gardner
- "If you have some respect for people as they are, you can be more effective in helping them to become better than they are."
- "For every talent that poverty has stimulated it has blighted a hundred."
- "Much education today is monumentally ineffective. All too often we are giving young people cut flowers when we should be teaching them to grow their own plants."
More In Freedom
- "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them."― George W. Bush
- "I extend that to the abortion issue, I extend that to the so-called gay rights issue, I think this is a freedom principle and consistent with the analysis in the economic area as well."― William Weld
- "You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don’t ever count on having both at once."― Robert A. Heinlein