More From John Updike
- "That a marriage ends is less than ideal; but all things end under heaven, and if temporality is held to be invalidating, then nothing real succeeds."
- "The first breath of adultery is the freest; after it, constraints aping marriage develop."
- "Most of American life consists of driving somewhere and then returning home, wondering why the hell you went."
More In Art
- "Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know I don’t think its fair that I’m living for something I can’t even define."― Ani DiFranco
- "The coming of the kids hasn’t come out in my art yet."― Joni Mitchell
- "The art of art, the glory of expression and the sunshine of the light of letters, is simplicity."― Walt Whitman