More From John Thune
- "I think that all areas of the budget have to be scrubbed. Clearly the entitlement issues have to be reformed and that’s an issue that’s going to require I think some strong bipartisan cooperation and leadership."
- "I think that if Republicans are given the reins of leadership in the House or Senate or both, we will have to govern in a way – at least put forward solutions whether or not the president goes along with them or not, that deal with these long-term challenges."
- "There are more than 30 states, who either by statute or constitutional amendment, have defined marriage as being between a man and a woman."
More In Freedom
- "A lot of journalism wants to have what they call objectivity without them having a commitment to pursuing the truth, but that doesn’t work. Objectivity requires belief in and a commitment toward pursuing the truth – having an object outside of our personal point of view."― Nate Silver
- "A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else."― Len Wein
- "Freedom of religion is a principle that is central to our Nation’s Declaration of Independence. Congress has taken this positive step to protect our freedom to express allegiance to America’s flag and the ideals it represents."― Ron Lewis