More From John Steinbeck
- "It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it."
- "Where does discontent start? You are warm enough, but you shiver. You are fed, yet hunger gnaws you. You have been loved, but your yearning wanders in new fields. And to prod all these there’s time, the Bastard Time."
- "Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts… perhaps the fear of a loss of power."
More In Best
- "I’m not exaggerating when I say that the 761st was Patton’s best tank unit and nobody knew about it."― Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- "I don’t want to tell President Obama how to make a speech. He’s a much better speech maker than I am. But I think always to tell the truth in a sometimes blatant way, even though it might be temporarily unpopular, is the best approach."― Jimmy Carter
- "There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm."― Willa Cather