More From John Ruskin
- "It is impossible, as impossible as to raise the dead, to restore anything that has ever been great or beautiful in architecture. That which I have insisted upon as the life of the whole, that spirit which is given only by the hand and eye of the workman, can never be recalled."
- "Beauty deprived of its proper foils and adjuncts ceases to be enjoyed as beauty, just as light deprived of all shadows ceases to be enjoyed as light."
- "Music when healthy, is the teacher of perfect order, and when depraved, the teacher of perfect disorder."
More In Great
- "The great end of life is not knowledge but action."― Francis Bacon
- "It is not enough to have great qualities; We should also have the management of them."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "I really don’t like talking about money. All I can say is that the Good Lord must have wanted me to have it."― Larry Bird