More From John Ruskin
- "Man’s only true happiness is to live in hope of something to be won by him. Reverence something to be worshipped by him, and love something to be cherished by him, forever."
- "Beauty deprived of its proper foils and adjuncts ceases to be enjoyed as beauty, just as light deprived of all shadows ceases to be enjoyed as light."
- "The first condition of education is being able to put someone to wholesome and meaningful work."
More In Education
- "I have felt for the last 10 years I have had this battle; I’ve been fighting so hard to have an education. It’s been this uphill struggle. I was Warner Bros’ pain in the butt. I was their scheduling conflict. I was the one who made life difficult."― Emma Watson
- "We live in a world in which politics has replaced philosophy."― Martin L. Gross
- "Pell Grants are, and have been, critically important tools in making higher education a possibility for lower- and middle-income students."― Christopher Dodd