More From John Ruskin
- "No good is ever done to society by the pictorial representation of its diseases."
- "The principle of all successful effort is to try to do not what is absolutely the best, but what is easily within our power, and suited for our temperament and condition."
- "The first test of a truly great man is his humility. By humility I don’t mean doubt of his powers or hesitation in speaking his opinion, but merely an understanding of the relationship of what he can say and what he can do."
More In Age
- "I must confess, I was born at a very early age."― Groucho Marx
- "Forty is the old age of youth, fifty is the youth of old age."― Hosea Ballou
- "I’ve always felt that sexuality is a really slippery thing. In this day and age, it tends to get categorized and labeled, and I think labels are for food. Canned food."― Michael Stipe