More From John Ruskin
- "We require from buildings two kinds of goodness: first, the doing their practical duty well: then that they be graceful and pleasing in doing it."
- "Great nations write their autobiographies in three manuscripts – the book of their deeds, the book of their words and the book of their art."
- "How long most people would look at the best book before they would give the price of a large turbot for it?"
More In Art
- "Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know I don’t think its fair that I’m living for something I can’t even define."― Ani DiFranco
- "Jazz is known all over the world as an American musical art form and that’s it. No America, no jazz. I’ve seen people try to connect it to other countries, for instance to Africa, but it doesn’t have a damn thing to do with Africa."― Art Blakey
- "My school in St. Louis is great. They basically created a program where I can do online classes and independent studies when I’m traveling. But then I still get to go home and take classes in a normal school environment."― Karlie Kloss