More From John Polkinghorne
- "Of course, nobody would deny the importance of human beings for theological thinking, but the time span of history that theologians think about is a few thousand years of human culture rather than the fifteen billion years of the history of the universe."
- "I’m a very passionate believer in the unity of knowledge. There is one world of reality – one world of our experience that we’re seeking to describe."
- "If the experience of science teaches anything, it’s that the world is very strange and surprising. The many revolutions in science have certainly shown that."
More In Age
- "I believe that parents need to make nutrition education a priority in their home environment. It’s crucial for good health and longevity to instill in your children sound eating habits from an early age."― Cat Cora
- "I was curious and hungry at a young age, and jazz was such a mystery to me, an ocean where you can express yourself in the moment. It represented freedom, it represented wearing wings and going somewhere with music."― Paula Cole
- "The age of innocent faith in science and technology may be over."― Barry Commoner