More From John Podhoretz
- "What people adore about superhero movies is the signal quality of the Christopher Nolan films – their complete lack of irony when it comes to the portrayal of heroism and the need for heroes to confront evil."
- "Making recess appointments when the Senate isn’t in recess is neither rational nor moderate. It’s a raw misuse of executive power by a president whose love of government is his most vulnerable spot with the electorate."
- "All non-incumbent campaigns promise hope and change, but Obama took the promise to a new level of absurdity. He suggested that a vote for him would literally transform the Earth."
More In Money
- "In the seventies, a group of American artists seized the means not of production but of reproduction. They tore apart visual culture at a time of no money, no market, and no one paying attention except other artists. Vietnam and Watergate had happened; everything in America was being questioned."― Jerry Saltz
- "We can’t go to people who have lost their job at GM and say, ‘Oh, by the way, we are going to pay money to build a road here or inoculate children there,’ unless we can demonstrate that it is in America’s interest. I happen to think it is."― Hillary Clinton
- "A simple fact that is hard to learn is that the time to save money is when you have some."― Joe Moore