More From John le Carre
- "You have no idea how humiliating it was, as a boy, to suddenly have all your clothes, your toys, snatched by the bailiff. I mean we were a middle-class family, it’s not as if it was happening up and down the street. It made me ashamed, I felt dirty."
- "By the age of 9 or 10, I knew that I had to cut my own cloth and make my own way."
- "I mean, I’m in the business of storytelling, not message making."
More In Education
- "If my career detour from special education to singing has done one thing, it has afforded me the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others."― Clay Aiken
- "If there is something I would like to do as President of the General Assembly, it is to place more emphasis on the issue of education, which enables a better life for women."― Harri Holkeri
- "I had a great education. From kindergarten to John Dewey High School in Coney Island, I am public-school educated."― Spike Lee