More From John L. Lewis
- "If there is to be peace in our industrial life let the employer recognize his obligation to his employees – at least to the degree set forth in existing statutes."
- "Workers have kept faith in American institutions. Most of the conflicts, which have occurred have been when labor’s right to live has been challenged and denied."
More In Strength
- "Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed To have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads."― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "Religious beliefs evolved by group-selection, tribe competing against tribe, and the illogic of religions is not a weakness but their essential strength."― E. O. Wilson
- "Zealous men are ever displaying to you the strength of their belief, while judicious men are showing you the grounds of it."― William Shenstone