More From John Henrik Clarke
- "A good teacher, like a good entertainer first must hold his audience’s attention, then he can teach his lesson."
- "My main point here is that if you are the child of God and God is a part of you, the in your imagination God suppose to look like you. And when you accept a picture of the deity assigned to you by another people, you become the spiritual prisoners of that other people."
- "I saw no African people in the printed and illustrated Sunday school lessons. I began to suspect at this early age that someone had distorted the image of my people. My long search for the true history of African people the world over began."
More In Power
- "All human laws are, properly speaking, only declaratory; they have no power over the substance of original justice."― Edmund Burke
- "Being an actress is similar to trying to fit in with the popular kids in high school. You’re expected to drive the right car, wear the right clothes and say the right things."― Lauren Ambrose
- "The only power deserving the name is that of masses, and of governments while they make themselves the organ of the tendencies and instincts of masses."― John Stuart Mill