More From John Fowles
- "In some mysterious way woods have never seemed to me to be static things. In physical terms, I move through them; yet in metaphysical ones, they seem to move through me."
- "There are only two races on this planet – the intelligent and the stupid."
- "There comes a time in each life like a point of fulcrum. At that time you must accept yourself. It is not anymore what you will become. It is what you are and always will be."
More In Poetry
- "You look at the greatest villains in human history, the fascists, the autocrats, they all wanted people to kneel before them because they don’t love themselves enough."― Tom Hiddleston
- "I don’t like to boast, but I have probably skipped more poetry than any other person of my age and weight in this country."― Will Cuppy
- "The fact that something is in a rhymed form or in blank verse will not make it good poetry."― Robert Morgan