More From John Burns
- "In this work I have received the opposition of a number of men who only advocate the unobtainable because the immediately possible is beyond their moral courage, administrative ability, and their political prescience."
- "I want the municipality to be a helping hand to the man with a desire of sympathy, to help the fallen when it is not in their power to help themselves."
More In Morning
- "Screenplays I didn’t really care about, journalism, travel books, getting my writer friends to write about their dreams or something. I just determined to write the books I had to write."― Kazuo Ishiguro
- "Like a morning dream, life becomes more and more bright the longer we live, and the reason of everything appears more clear. What has puzzled us before seems less mysterious, and the crooked paths look straighter as we approach the end."― Jean Paul
- "Upon awakening in the morning, I wondered if the proceedings of the night before had been a dream. It was hard to believe that I was the world’s heavyweight champion."― Gene Tunney