More From John Adams
- "The essence of a free government consists in an effectual control of rivalries."
- "In politics the middle way is none at all."
- "I always consider the settlement of America with reverence and wonder, as the opening of a grand scene and design in providence, for the illumination of the ignorant and the emancipation of the slavish part of mankind all over the earth."
More In Nature
- "Historically, China is not a nation of sportsmen. We traditionally put more emphasis on being close to nature than pushing endlessly to excel. A philosophy that values tranquil contemplation of the landscape cannot easily be adapted to the Olympic slogan of ‘higher, stronger, faster.’"― Ai Weiwei
- "Time is nature’s way of keeping everything from happening at once."― Woody Allen
- "Nothing makes me so happy as to observe nature and to paint what I see."― Henri Rousseau