More From Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."
- "Just trust yourself, then you will know how to live."
- "Music is either sacred or secular. The sacred agrees with its dignity, and here has its greatest effect on life, an effect that remains the same through all ages and epochs. Secular music should be cheerful throughout."
More In Imagination
- "Sometimes a character is really based on research that you do. Other times it’s just based on your imagination or perhaps your conversation with the director. Or sometimes all of the above. It depends on the movie and character."― Joaquin Phoenix
- "I never did very well in math – I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn’t meant my answers literally."― Calvin Trillin
- "The desire to live in our imagination is driven by this suspicion that we’re disembodied sensibilities cobbled into our bodies. That idea has infused most of human thought since the very beginning."― Richard Powers