More From Johann Lamont
- "Telling the truth, and confronting the challenge, is what politics is about."
- "I love hard political debate and I love beating somebody on a political point but what I’m more frustrated by is the politics where you play the man not the politics."
- "Progressive politics is not something to be bolted on to another cause."
More In Education
- "You know, in 1975 I couldn’t get a job in New York City because I was American. The kitchens were predominantly run by French, Swiss, German, and basically I got laughed at. I had education, I had experience, but got laughed at because I was American."― Emeril Lagasse
- "I have a scheme for stopping war. It’s this – no nation is allowed to enter a war till they have paid for the last one."― Will Rogers
- "The frightening thought that what you draw may become a building makes for reasoned lines."― Saul Steinberg