More From Jim Hunt
- "We saw what happened in Jimmy Carter’s administration. President Carter was a good man with the best of intentions. But he came to Washington without a good working relationship with Democratic members of Congress, which played a big part in his administration’s problems."
- "In the depth of the near depression, that he faced when he came in, Barack Obama and Democratic leaders in Congress provided ‘recovery funds’ that literally kept our classrooms open. Two years ago, these funds saved nearly 20,000 teacher and education jobs – just here in North Carolina."
- "Who knows what technology will emerge in the next five years, let alone 20. Yet the education we provide our children now is supposed to last for decades. We cannot train them for jobs that do not even exist yet, but we can provide them with the minds and tools they’ll need to adapt to our ever-changing set of circumstances."
More In Respect
- "Americanism demands loyalty to the teacher and respect for his lesson."― Bainbridge Colby
- "Some people lose all respect for the lion unless he devours them instantly. There is no pleasing some people."― Will Cuppy
- "To be selected was an honor, and in respect of the family member chosen to run, families held feasts and gave away prized beaver coats, quilled tobacco bags and buffalo hides."― Dennis Banks