More From Jhumpa Lahiri
- "For that story, I took as my subject a young woman whom I got to know over the course of a couple of visits. I never saw her having any health problems – but I knew she wanted to be married."
- "I’ve never had Internet access. Actually, I have looked at things on other people’s computers as a bystander. A few times in my life I’ve opened email accounts, twice actually, but it’s something I don’t want in my life right now."
- "My parents had an arranged marriage, as did so many other people when I was growing up. My father came and had a life in the United States one way and my mother had a different one, and I was very aware of those things. I continue to wonder about it, and I will continue to write about it."
More In Marriage
- "I’m most proud of the longevity of my marriage, my kids, and my grandchildren. If you don’t have that, you really don’t have very much."― Bob Newhart
- "In terms of my marriage, you know, falling in love with my husband was by far the best thing that’s ever happened to me."― Caroline Kennedy
- "Marriage is a feast where the grace is sometimes better than the dinner."― Charles Caleb Colton