More From Jewel
- "I was turning 20 during my first record. Those decade birthdays always kind of cause me, it seems, to reflect, look back, and then look forward. I just was closing this period of my life where I was living in a car and scrambling my whole life to then signing a six-record deal with Atlantic."
- "I consider myself a product of Alaska. The love and the debt that I feel to my home state, you always want your hometown to be the proudest of you."
- "It’s like a garden: Whatever you water the most will do the best. At some point, you decide whether you’ll water your career or your relationship more."
More In Home
- "I got a scholarship to Seattle University and I was writing arrangements for singers and everybody. But the music course was too dry and I really wanted to get away from home."― Quincy Jones
- "I come from pioneer stock, developers of the West, people who went out into the wilderness and set up home with nothing but a pair of oxen."― Joni Mitchell
- "Managing is getting paid for home runs that someone else hits."― Casey Stengel