More From Jerry Saltz
- "Robert Rauschenberg was not a giant of American art; he was the giant. No American created so many aesthetic openings for so many artists."
- "Kinkade’s paintings are worthless schmaltz, and the lamestream media that love him are wrong. However, I’d love to see a museum mount a small show of Kinkade’s work. I would like the art world and the wider world to argue about him in public, out in the open."
- "A sad fact of life lately at the Museum of Modern Art is that when it comes to group shows of contemporary painting from the collection, the bar has been set pretty low."
More In Art
- "There are some forms of religion that are bad, just as there’s bad cooking or bad art or bad sex, you have bad religion too."― Karen Armstrong
- "I guess tennis is my main art, but fashion is definitely very close."― Venus Williams
- "Poetry is the art of substantiating shadows, and of lending existence to nothing."― Edmund Burke