More From Jerry Saltz
- "We’re all entitled to opinions about how art institutions should behave, and entitled to voicing those opinions through whatever means available to us. We’re also allowed to change or modify our opinions."
- "Kinkade’s paintings are worthless schmaltz, and the lamestream media that love him are wrong. However, I’d love to see a museum mount a small show of Kinkade’s work. I would like the art world and the wider world to argue about him in public, out in the open."
- "Galleries began growing in both number and size in the late seventies, when artists who worked in lofts wanted to exhibit their work in spaces similar to the ones the art was made in."
More In Art
- "There is no royal road to learning; no short cut to the acquirement of any art."― Anthony Trollope
- "Parents are usually more careful to bestow knowledge on their children rather than virtue, the art of speaking well rather than doing well; but their manners should be of the greatest concern."― R. Buckminster Fuller
- "To do a dull thing with style-now that’s what I call art."― Charles Bukowski