More From Jeremy Rifkin
- "The position I took at the time was that we hadn’t really examined any of the potential environmental consequences of introducing genetically modified organisms."
- "Back in 1983, the United States government approved the release of the first genetically modified organism. In this case, it was a bacteria that prevents frost on food crops."
- "The interesting thing is, while we die of diseases of affluence from eating all these fatty meats, our poor brethren in the developing world die of diseases of poverty, because the land is not used now to grow food grain for their families."
More In Science
- "Bush reiterated his stand to conservatives opposing his decision on stem cell research. He said today he believes life begins at conception and ends at execution."― Jay Leno
- "The man of science is a poor philosopher."― Albert Einstein
- "To attempt this would be like seeing without eyes or directing the gaze of knowledge behind one’s own eye. Modern science can acknowledge no other than this epistemological stand-point."― Wilhelm Dilthey