More From Jennifer Granholm
- "America is an idea. And it’s the solemn responsibility of each ‘temporary’ president to protect and nurture that noblest of all ideas – with integrity. This man, Mitt Romney, has shown – not through his experience, but through his actions and words – that he is unqualified to carry out that responsibility."
- "Studies have shown that since women have had access to the pill and family planning measures, they have made huge gains in both wages and in careers that were dominated by men."
- "The question is what will Mitt Romney do as president if his policy is simply to be hands off and let the government be made so small it can be drowned in a bathtub. In the 21st century global economy, no state alone has the ability to compete against China."
More In Change
- "You can be in Tokyo or Alberta at four in the morning in your hotel and you can still practice if you feel like it. A trombone cannot do that at four in the morning."― Toots Thielemans
- "We hope President Obama will now respect the will of the people, change course, and commit to making the changes they are demanding. To the extent he is willing to do this, we are ready to work with him."― John Boehner
- "I went through life like an idiot for a great deal of the time, saying there’s nothing I would change. That was a very arrogant thing to say. There’s a lot I would change. There are people I would have steered clear of."― Hugh Leonard