More From Jeff Daniels
- "Meryl Streep’s brilliant, just brilliant. I’ve been fortunate to do two movies with Meryl. And for an actor to go moment to moment like she does, there’s no one better. And she dances between moments. Each take is different because she’s riding instincts, she’s riding impulses. And she trusts that."
- "You see a lot of these movies that are really just 90-minute video games. The effects are incredible. I get it: There’s an art to that, terrific. I’m not interested in it, but there’s an art to that I suppose."
- "And regardless of the fact that in this country, certainly in the arts, we treat comedy as a second-class citizen, I’ve never thought of it that way. I’ve always thought it to be important. The last time I looked, the Greeks were holding up two masks. I’ve always thought of it not only as having equal value, but as the craft of it, being funny."
More In Movies
- "Sex is a doorway to something so powerful and mystical, but movies usually depict it in a completely flat way."― David Lynch
- "There’s no question that Whale’s movies are classics. They were wonderful, and successful."― Bill Condon
- "My grandmother and I saw an average of eight movies a week, double features, second run."― Carol Burnett