More From Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- "Absolute silence leads to sadness. It is the image of death."
- "People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little."
- "Reading, solitude, idleness, a soft and sedentary life, intercourse with women and young people, these are perilous paths for a young man, and these lead him constantly into danger."
More In Famous
- "I always regarded people who want fame with a lot of suspicion. Unless you have a product to sell, I don’t know why anyone would want to be famous. I can’t imagine what need that would fill."― Jessica Cutler
- "Local and regional food systems are about opportunity."― Tom Vilsack
- "I can do whatever I want – I’m rich, I’m famous, and I’m bigger than you."― Don Johnson