More From Jean Giraudoux
- "Education makes us more stupid than the brutes. A thousand voices call to us on every hand, but our ears are stopped with wisdom."
- "I’m not afraid of death. It’s the stake one puts up in order to play the game of life."
- "The flower is the poetry of reproduction. It is an example of the eternal seductiveness of life."
More In Smile
- "In my whole career, I’ve never seen this type of race that you had to wait for the last day. There’s so many teams that are involved. You’ve got to smile because we’re in it."― David Wells
- "Tears are sometimes an inappropriate response to death. When a life has been lived completely honestly, completely successfully, or just completely, the correct response to death’s perfect punctuation mark is a smile."― Julie Burchill
- "Nothing you wear is more important than your smile."― Connie Stevens