More From Jean Cocteau
- "The reward of art is not fame or success but intoxication: that is why so many bad artists are unable to give it up."
- "Art is a marriage of the conscious and the unconscious."
- "The actual tragedies of life bear no relation to one’s preconceived ideas. In the event, one is always bewildered by their simplicity, their grandeur of design, and by that element of the bizarre which seems inherent in them."
More In Poetry
- "It’s great to have an acting job in the age of Reality TV."― Lauren Graham
- "Science fiction, outside of poetry, is the only literary field which has no limits, no parameters whatsoever."― Theodore Sturgeon
- "Poetry isn’t a profession, it’s a way of life. It’s an empty basket; you put your life into it and make something out of that."― Mary Oliver