More From Jarvis Cocker
- "When I was in Pulp, I actively did more TV stuff because that was during the Great Britpop Wars, and it seemed important to prove that indie people could speak. That war doesn’t exist anymore."
- "I love the Beatles. I haven’t named any kids after them but I still really love them. They were the first group that I was ever properly aware of. In my early teens I would sometimes stay in and listen to the radio all day in the hope that I would catch a song by them that I’d never heard before and be able to tape it on my radio-cassette player."
- "In no way am I supporting or suggesting that a Conservative government is a good thing, far from it."
More In Government
- "A politician is a man who understands government. A statesman is a politician who’s been dead for 15 years."― Harry S. Truman
- "Up against the corporate government, voters find themselves asked to choose between look-alike candidates from two parties vying to see who takes the marching orders from their campaign paymasters and their future employers. The money of vested interest nullifies genuine voter choice and trust."― Ralph Nader
- "Everyone I know who used to be in the intelligence community is moving into the corporate world."― Tony Gilroy