More From Jared Diamond
- "Thousands of years ago, humans domesticated every possible large wild mammal species fulfilling all those criteria and worth domesticating, with the result that there have been no valuable additions of domestic animals in recent times, despite the efforts of modern science."
- "We’re uncomfortable about considering history as a science. It’s classified as a social science, which is considered not quite scientific."
- "Federal elections happen every two years in this country. Presidential elections every four years. And four years just isn’t long enough to dismantle all the environmental laws we’ve got in this country."
More In History
- "You can only get really unpopular decisions through if the electorate is convinced of the value of the environment. That’s what natural history programmes should be for."― David Attenborough
- "France is delighted at this new opportunity to show the world that when one has the will one can succeed in joining peoples who have been brought close by history."― Francois Mitterrand
- "The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil."― Marcus Tullius Cicero